Working in the many available management positions in production is gratifying and intellectually challenging. A degree in Manufacturing Management from the University of Minnesota Crookston will help you to jump-start a career in manufacturing or may make you eligible for promotion. This major can be taken by all students, but is focused on people already in the workplace. It is also ideal for two-year graduates who want to continue their education with seamless integration of prior credits earned.
- UMN Crookston was recently granted official accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Learn why this accreditation matters.
- The Bachelor of Manufacturing Management (B.M.M.) is a career-oriented degree program that prepares students to manage all aspects of the manufacturing environment. Our graduates don't leave with just a four-year degree - they take with them the ability to direct budgets, people, machines, and product quality.
- Our program was designed by employers, industry leaders, and the University of Minnesota Crookston faculty to focus on management, communication and technical skills.
- Manufacturing management includes the required business core that allows graduates entry to a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) program.
- Our program is available online and on-campus.
- Many students notice the flexibility of our Bachelor of Manufacturing Management majors and they take the opportunity to complete their bachelor degree while working. Most of them are also reimbursed by their employers for tuition expenses. The U of M Crookston has provided onsite education for Polaris Industries and Marvin Windows & Doors.
- Do you have questions regarding the transfer of credits from past or current schools attended? The Crookston campus has articulation agreements with a number of institutions to ensure that you get the credit you deserve! Those institutions include, but are not limited to Alexandria Technical College, Century College, Dakota County Technical College, and Saint Paul College.
- If you have an interest in quality management, check out our Bachelor of Manufacturing Management - Quality Management degree program.
Program Requirements & Curriculum
Program Requirements & Curriculum
Estimated Salary Range: $55,000 - 70,000
Career options with a Manufacturing Management degree from the University of Minnesota Crookston could include:
- Assistant coordinator - manufacturing support
- Component manufacturing processor
- Director of lean manufacturing
- Distribution manager
- Division manager
- Environmental health and safety director, manufacturing
- Lean manufacturing assistant
- Lean manufacturing coordinator
- Maintenance supervisor
- Maintenance technician
- Manufacturing coordinator
- Manufacturing engineer
- Manufacturing technician
- Materials planner
- Plant manager
- Product manager
- Production manager
- Production planner
- Production scheduler
- Production supervisor
- Production technician
- Project engineer
- Project manager
- Supervisor, particle manufacturing
Graduates have gone on to use the skills attained through the Bachelor of Manufacturing Management degree program to find employment at numerous companies, including:
Industrial production managers, with a bachelor's degree, make on average $87,160 per year (in 2010) according to the Occupational Outlook Handbook.
Mohamed Farah, 2009 Alumnus of the University of Minnesota Crookston Bachelor of Manufacturing Management degree program talks about his experience.
The UMC Advantage
The UMC Advantage
Small Campus. Big Degree.
Did you know a degree from the University of Minnesota is recognized all over the world? True story. As a system campus of the University of Minnesota system, the U of M Crookston offers access to world-class teaching, learning, and research resources—all in a smaller, more personal campus setting that’s very much like a private school. The University of Minnesota is internationally recognized and respected by not only intellectuals and academic movers and shakers, but major employers who want to hire the best and brightest—namely, you.
Learning and Doing
At the U of M Crookston, you won’t spend all your time behind a desk. Our curriculum is designed around experiential learning, which means we want you to have as much hands-on learning as possible. Depending on your major, you’ll find opportunities to be in the field, the lab, the classroom, or engaging in simulated scenarios that give you a competitive edge when you enter the workforce or head to grad school. You’ll learn the concepts and then actively apply them through projects, field trips, site visits, internships, and interactions with professionals in the field.
Caring Faculty and Staff
Our faculty and staff members are respected not only for their knowledge and skills, but also because they care about you as an individual. They serve as true mentors, offering personalized attention through small class sizes, a student-faculty ratio of 16:1, and by working closely with you as advisors. They take the time to welcome you to the UMC community, watch you grow as a leader and scholar, and help you connect with alumni and other experts.
A Technology-Rich Environment
At the U of M Crookston, we offer every student a laptop computer from day one. Everyone is tech-savvy, wi-fi is everywhere and learning happens in many ways, including simulations, applications and video presentations. It’s a virtual tech-topia! So, when you graduate, you’ll have all the latest technology skills, giving you a competitive edge. Employers consistently report the UMC graduates they hire are their “go to” people for technology and are well prepared for the demands of today’s technological workplace.
Internships, Job Placement and Grad School
More than 87% of U of M Crookston graduates gain full-time employment in their field or enroll in graduate or professional school within one year of graduation. That’s a fact. We’ll sure miss you when you graduate, but we know as a proud Golden Eagle alum, you’ll want to come back to cheer us on at homecoming or catch up with your favorite professors.
Internships. They’re a great way to earn college credit, add to your resume and help answer the question, “is this really what I want to do?” You can find internship opportunities with everyone from the business down the street to Fortune 500 companies. Or maybe grad school is in your future. U of M Crookston students get the educational requirements and resources they need to apply to an array of graduate programs from veterinary science to med school to an MBA program. Many go on for more education in a variety of other fields.
Opportunities for undergraduate research also add real value to your educational experience by allowing you to design and conduct research while working alongside faculty mentors. Research experience is especially helpful if you plan to attend graduate school.
One-Rate Tuition and Scholarship Options
Whether you live in Minnesota, just across the border, across the country, or on the other side of the ocean, you pay the same tuition rate, and the U of M Crookston’s tuition rate is a real value because it’s the lowest of the five campuses that make up the U of M system. Additionally, with merit-based scholarships guaranteed based on GPA and ACT scores and more than 300 specialty scholarships, we really do help make college affordable.
Leadership, Clubs and Athletics
Sure, college is about classes, studying, and research, but another important part of the experience involves professional development, creativity, leadership, and service. And let’s not forget about fun! With more than 40 student clubs and organizations, there’s something for every interest. Best of all, if you can’t find something from the existing list, grab a few friends and start a new club. It’s really just that easy…
In athletics, Golden Eagles shake things up on the court, the field, and on the sidelines. The U of M Crookston competes at the NCAA Division II level in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC) as well as the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA) and offers a full range of men’s and women’s athletic programs.
A Diverse, Global Experience
The world really is a small place, and at U of M Crookston we value diversity. Our students bring rich experiences spanning six continents, and more than 20 countries and 40 states! We value diversity because it not only helps you better understand the world, it helps you understand yourself and how your piece fits into the puzzle of global society. Get involved in the many multicultural and international programs on campus, and you’ll see how easy it is to make friends from across the world.
Or choose one of our international programs. Study, intern, volunteer, play, explore – here or anywhere. Take your pick from more than 300 options in 67 countries. Don’t just learn it, live it.