Want to become part of the industry management team and be a qualified quality control/assurance manager? Get the additional management and technical skills to become a successful manager with a degree in Quality Management from the University of Minnesota Crookston.
This program is also offered as...
- The University of Minnesota Crookston is one of only a few universities with a bachelor's level Quality Management major.
- Our degree in Quality Management is focused on line - and middle management groups that need to track down the cause of the problem wherever it originates within production, processing, packaging, distribution and warehousing operations.
- The Bachelor of Manufacturing Management degree in Quality Management will prepare students for employment in the private sector as well as state and federal regulatory agencies. Quality Management assures consumers that products are free of defects and will function in expected ways and this is an increasingly important priority for people, industry, and government. Ensuring that the product failures are internal will stop the very large costs involved with product recalls and will therefore increase the profitability of manufacturing enterprises.
- Combine the Quality Management degree program with Communication, Entrepreneurship, Management, or Manufacturing Management.
- The Quality Management degree is available on-campus or online.
Program Requirements & Curriculum
Program Requirements & Curriculum
The Bachelor of Manufacturing Management - Quality Management will prepare students for employment in the private sector as well as state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Associate manager quality assurance (QA)
- Client service manager - QA
- Food quality assurance manager
- Manager of software QA
- QA/QC manager
- QA project manager
- QA/test manager
- QA manager
- QA sanitation manager
- Quality control supervisor
- Senior quality assurance manager
- Software QA manager
- Technical project manager QA
Salary Ranges* for Quality Management Graduates
- Quality assurance analyst - $50,000 - $80,000
- Quality control / QC lab manager - $55,000 - $75,000
- Quality control manager management - $60,000 - $70,000
- Quality control manager - ASME - ISO - pressure vessels - $90,000 - $110,000
- Quality manager - quality assurance, food inspection, HACCP - $65,000 - $95,000
- QA specialist - $25,000 - $40,000
- Quality assurance tester - $75,000 - $100,000
- Quality assurance manager - $55,000 - $80,000
- Production manager - $84,000 - $92,000
- Materials planner - $63,000 - $70,000
- Materials manager - $97,000 - $110,000
- Manufacturing, six sigma - $70,000 - $130,000
- Manufacturing and production management - $35,000 - $42,000
- Manufacturing leader - $55,000 - $65,000
The UMC Advantage
The UMC Advantage
Small Campus. Big Degree.
Did you know a degree from the University of Minnesota is recognized all over the world? True story. As a system campus of the University of Minnesota system, the U of M Crookston offers access to world-class teaching, learning, and research resources—all in a smaller, more personal campus setting that’s very much like a private school. The University of Minnesota is internationally recognized and respected by not only intellectuals and academic movers and shakers, but major employers who want to hire the best and brightest—namely, you.
Learning and Doing
At the U of M Crookston, you won’t spend all your time behind a desk. Our curriculum is designed around experiential learning, which means we want you to have as much hands-on learning as possible. Depending on your major, you’ll find opportunities to be in the field, the lab, the classroom, or engaging in simulated scenarios that give you a competitive edge when you enter the workforce or head to grad school. You’ll learn the concepts and then actively apply them through projects, field trips, site visits, internships, and interactions with professionals in the field.
Caring Faculty and Staff
Our faculty and staff members are respected not only for their knowledge and skills, but also because they care about you as an individual. They serve as true mentors, offering personalized attention through small class sizes, a student-faculty ratio of 18:1, and by working closely with you as advisors. They take the time to welcome you to the UMC community, watch you grow as a leader and scholar, and help you connect with alumni and other experts.
A Technology-Rich Environment
At the U of M Crookston, we offer every student a laptop computer from day one. Everyone is tech-savvy, wi-fi is everywhere and learning happens in many ways, including simulations, applications and video presentations. It’s a virtual tech-topia! So, when you graduate, you’ll have all the latest technology skills, giving you a competitive edge. Employers consistently report the UMC graduates they hire are their “go to” people for technology and are well prepared for the demands of today’s technological workplace.
Internships, Job Placement and Grad School
More than 87% of U of M Crookston graduates gain full-time employment in their field or enroll in graduate or professional school within one year of graduation. That’s a fact. We’ll sure miss you when you graduate, but we know as a proud Golden Eagle alum, you’ll want to come back to cheer us on at homecoming or catch up with your favorite professors.
Internships. They’re a great way to earn college credit, add to your resume and help answer the question, “is this really what I want to do?” You can find internship opportunities with everyone from the business down the street to Fortune 500 companies. Or maybe grad school is in your future. U of M Crookston students get the educational requirements and resources they need to apply to an array of graduate programs from veterinary science to med school to an MBA program. Many go on for more education in a variety of other fields.
Opportunities for undergraduate research also add real value to your educational experience by allowing you to design and conduct research while working alongside faculty mentors. Research experience is especially helpful if you plan to attend graduate school.
One-Rate Tuition and Scholarship Options
Whether you live in Minnesota, just across the border, across the country, or on the other side of the ocean, you pay the same tuition rate, and the U of M Crookston’s tuition rate is a real value because it’s the lowest of the five campuses that make up the U of M system. Additionally, with merit-based scholarships guaranteed based on GPA and ACT scores and more than 300 specialty scholarships, we really do help make college affordable.
Leadership, Clubs and Athletics
Sure, college is about classes, studying, and research, but another important part of the experience involves professional development, creativity, leadership, and service. And let’s not forget about fun! With more than 40 student clubs and organizations, there’s something for every interest. Best of all, if you can’t find something from the existing list, grab a few friends and start a new club. It’s really just that easy…
In athletics, Golden Eagles shake things up on the court, the field, and on the sidelines. The U of M Crookston competes at the NCAA Division II level in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC) as well as the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA) and offers a full range of men’s and women’s athletic programs.
A Diverse, Global Experience
The world really is a small place, and at U of M Crookston we value diversity. Our students bring rich experiences spanning six continents, and more than 20 countries and 40 states! We value diversity because it not only helps you better understand the world, it helps you understand yourself and how your piece fits into the puzzle of global society. Get involved in the many multicultural and international programs on campus, and you’ll see how easy it is to make friends from across the world.
Or choose one of our international programs. Study, intern, volunteer, play, explore – here or anywhere. Take your pick from more than 300 options in 67 countries. Don’t just learn it, live it.
Related Majors, Minors & Programs...
Interested in a double major or minor to complement your Degree? Check out these other programs at UMC: