Prospective Freshman Students
Apply to University of Minnesota Crookston (UMC) as a freshman if you have earned or attempted fewer than 24 semester or 36 quarter college credits after high school graduation. All prospective students are encouraged to apply for admission. Students who have not been granted a standard high school diploma must pass the GED test before they are admitted as a regular student.
- Complete an Application for Admission for FREE (paper or online).
- Submit official high school transcripts*
- Submit ACT or SAT test scores (UMC ACT code 2129)
- Submit official college transcripts for all college credits attempted or earned*
- Visit Campus
*Transcripts are considered official if they bear the original signature of the registrar, seal of the institution, college certified, or printed on security paper.
*Transcripts must have been issued within the last year.
*Please have transcripts and test scores mailed to the Office of Admissions.
Are you a home schooled student?
Find out more information about admission requirements and financial aid!
Students who do not meet the preferred admissions requirements may be admitted on 'Conditional Admit' status. In order to assure academic success, these students will be required to complete additional steps during their first semester, such as:
- Meet with their academic advisor and complete an Academic Plan (AAP).
- Meet with staff of the Academic Success Center (ASC) for additional guidance and preparation.
- Sign up for a tutor in at least one class.
- Enroll in General Education 1000-Seminar for New Students*
*Complete requirements for students admitted on a conditional basis will be provided after admission. For more detailed information, please contact your admissions counselor.
After we have received your complete application, you can expect an admission decision within two weeks. Please view the Admission Timeline for further information.