Now retired, Robertson Hall, built in 1910, served as a dormitory for girls attending the Northwest School of Agriculture, the residential high school which preceded the University of Minnesota, Crookston (UMC). In 1947, it was remodeled for use as a boy’s dormitory. Over the years, it served as a co-ed residence for juniors on the second and third floors. During the construction of the Student Center, Robertson Hall temporarily housed the UMC Bookstore, Post Office, Student Health Services and the Cooperative Campus Ministry office. Robertson Hall was demolished in fall of 2007.
Robertson Hall is named is for William Robertson who was the Northwest Experiment Station superintendent and the first NWSA superintendent. The hall was built before 1910 as a dormitory. The "parlor" was the scene of the first campus wedding. The hall was renovated in 1958 and provided office space on the first floor and residence hall space for upperclassmen on the second and third floors.
William Robertson succeeded T. Hoverstad as experiment station superintendent and was the first NWSA superintendent. Robertson was with the station-school from 1905 until his death in January 1910. He established the curriculum of academic and vocational training for the new school. He secured staff and faculty to implement the school's programs. Robertson's greatest contribution is considered to be the installation of a surface drainage system augmented by an elaborate system of tile lines.