Now retired, Stephens Hall opened in 1908 at the Northwest School of Agriculture as a boys' dormitory. Named for Minnesota State Senator A.D. Stephens, the dormitory housed 70 boys and included the campus dining hall on the first floor. At one time, it was home to the nurse's office and hospital quarters. In 1932, Stephens Hall was completely remodeled with new plaster, hardwood floors, modern electric light fixtures, and heating facilities. Stephens Hall housed students until 1971 when it was razed.
Today, Sahlstrom Conference Center stands on the site where Stephens Hall once stood.