Saturday, May 5
11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Northern Lights Lounge, Student Center
All friends and family are invited to both the reception and ceremony.
Speaker – Minnesota Supreme Court Chief Justice Russell A. Anderson
Order of Events
Order of Events
- Prelude: “A Touch of Brass” Quintet
- Processional: “Pomp and Circumstance” by Edward Elgar
At two p.m., the processional will enter Lysaker Gymnasium led by the Mace-Bearer, William Peterson. The procession includes Faculty Marshal, Wendell Johnson, the faculty, candidates for degrees, and platform guests. The audience will rise for the processional and remain standing for the National Anthem.
- Presentation of Colors: 319th Air Refueling Wing, Grand Forks Air Force Base Honor Guard
- National Anthem: “The Star Spangled Banner” led by April Thorstad
- “There’s a Hero” by Don Cook/John Jarvis – UMC Choir directed by George French, Associate Professor of Music/Theatre
- Welcome: Charles H. Casey, Chancellor
- Greetings from the University of Minnesota Administration: Robert Jones, Senior Vice President for System Academic Administration
- Greetings from the University of Minnesota Board of Regents: The Honorable Clyde Allen, Jr., Regent
- Address: Chief Justice Russell A. Anderson
- Presentation of Candidates: Thomas Baldwin, Senior Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs
- Conferring of Degrees: The Honorable Clyde Allen, Jr., Regent
- Congratulatory Remarks from Alumni Association: Kari Torkelson, President, University of Minnesota, Crookston, Alumni Association
- Speaking for the Class: Richard Stangle, Crookston Student Association President
- Passing the Torch: Richard Stangle to Katie Jeremiason (Crookston Student Association President-elect)
- "Like an Eagle” by Carl Strommen – UMC Choir
- *Minnesota Hymn: "Hail! Minnesota" sung by the audience (words on back page)
Note: Please remain in your seats until the recessional has left the gymnasium
- *Recessional: “Largo” by G.F. Handel – George French, pianist
*The audience is requested to stand.
Members of Alpha Lambda Delta -- First Year Honor Society
Rachel McCoppin, PhD Assistant Professor
Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences Department
Disability Accommodations and Accessible Seating for Candidates and Guests
Please contact Disability Services at (218) 281-8587 at least two weeks prior to the ceremony to request the program in alternate format or other accommodations.