Mission, Vision and Core Values
University of Minnesota Mission
The University of Minnesota, founded in the belief that understanding enriches all people, is dedicated to the advancement of learning and the search for truth; to the sharing of this knowledge through education for a diverse community; and to the application of this knowledge to benefit the people of the state, the nation, and the world. (University of Minnesota Mission Statement, Board of Regents Policy, January 1994)
University of Minnesota Crookston
The University of Minnesota Crookston delivers educational programs that build upon a broad academic foundation and combine theory, practice, and experimentation in a technologically rich environment. We prepare students for career success, advanced study, and engaged citizenship in a diverse world. We integrate teaching and learning, research and scholarly work, and outreach and engagement to serve the public good.
Envision a University of Minnesota Crookston that fulfills its modern land grant mission by ensuring we are passionate about learning and discovery to serve the public good.
We will achieve this vision by:
- Creating and being leaders who are ethical and innovative, culturally and globally competent, and committed to engagement in their communities.
- Connecting all students – on campus and online – to each other, the campus, faculty, staff, alumni, and community.
- Conducting research and scholarly work that enhance learning and benefit the region and beyond.
- Cultivating a spirit of UMC and Golden Eagle pride.
- Student Success: Realizing individual potential through personal attention, mentorship, high-impact teaching and learning, and encouraging self-discovery
- Diversity: Embracing the richness and value of individual differences, ideas, cultures, and communities
- Leadership: Making a difference while serving others with integrity, honesty, fairness, and respect
- Community: Building relationships with each other and our neighbors for the benefit of all
- Innovation: Promoting discovery and problem solving through creative and critical thinking, research, and scholarly work
- Sustainability: Making choices that meet the environmental, economic, and societal needs of the present while safeguarding a vibrant future
- Continuous Improvement: Using evidence, data, and best practices to improve academic programs, student support and services, and business and operational processes
The mission, vision, and value statements were endorsed by the Crookston Campus Assembly on April 5, 2018.