Library Resources for ENTR 2200 - Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
Resource to make your life easier
Small Business Resource Center
Search this database to learn how to start, finance or manage your small business. Resources include sample business plans, how to guides, articles and websites. Includes material from the print version of the Small Business Sourcebook, Encyclopedia of Business Information Sources, numerous Dummies books, and articles from many trade publications.
Business Plan Assignment
Vision and Mission Statements
- 658.4012 Ab82m
The mission statement book 301 corporate mission statements from America's top companies. (1999) Abrahams, Jeffrey Berkeley, Calif : Ten Speed Press.
- Stand Out from the Crowd : Secrets to Crafting a Winning Company Identity. (2006). Lipe, Jay. Chicago, IL, USA : Dearborn Trade, A Kaplan Professional Company.
Print books at UMC Library
- 658.401 B225b3 UM CROOKSTON Library Books
Business plans made easy. (2005) Bangs, David H and Henricks, Mark Irvine, Calif. Entrepreneur Press.
- 658.401 C66m UM CROOKSTON Library Books
Model business plans for product businesses. (1995) Cohen, William A and Cohen, William A New York : Wiley.
- 658.401 C838c UM CROOKSTON Library Books
The complete book of business plans [simple steps to writing a powerful business plan. (1994) Covello, Joseph A and Hazelgren, Brian J Naperville, Ill : Sourcebooks Trade.
- 658.401 G416b UM CROOKSTON Library Books
Business plans that work includes actual business plans that successfully attracted financing. (2001) Gillman, Joan Holbrook, MA : Adams Media Corp.
- A Short Course in International Business Plans. (2003). Brown, Robert and Gutterman, Alan. Novato, CA, USA : World Trade Press.
Business planning./International business enterprises -- Planning.
- Business Planning Guide : Creating a Winning Plan for Success. (2002). Bangs, David H. Chicago, IL, USA : Dearborn Trade, A Kaplan Professional Company.
Business enterprises -- Finance -- Handbooks, manuals, etc./Business planning -- Handbooks, manuals, etc./Business -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Business Insights - Business and Company Resource Center is a fully integrated resource bringing together company profiles, brand information, rankings, investment reports, company histories, chronologies and periodicals.
Business and Industry Profile
Business Source Premier - contains scholarly journals and business periodicals covering management, marketing, economics, finance, accounting, international business, etc. Use the Enhanced Business Searching Interface - EBSCOhost to search by specific company (DataMonitor company reports).
- Business Strategy
- Description of the Firm's Product or Service
- Marketing Strategy
- Competitor Analysis
- Description of Management Team
- Plan of Operation
- Small Business Resource Center
- Pro Forma (Projected) Financial Statements
- The Loan or Investment Proposal
Other useful databases
Business File ASAP - Analyze company performance and activity, industry events and trends as well as the latest in management, economics and politics. Access to a combination of broker research reports, trade publications, newspapers, journals and company directory listings with full text and images available. (Partial Full Text)
Nexi Uni - Business search tab provides access to business and financial news, company financial information, market research, industry reports, and actual SEC filings. Search features permit comparison of companies based on criteria such as sales, income and number of employees.