The University of Minnesota Crookston’s business department was granted official accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) in 2020. It joins the ranks of 1,200 member campuses globally to be accredited.
In addition to attaining regular accreditation for their eight business degree programs (except Health Management), the university also received separate accreditation for the Accounting degree program, which makes UMN Crookston one of only two universities in the state of Minnesota (the other being Walden University) with this separate accreditation.
The ACBSP accreditation offers resources, best practices, and connections with member colleagues that will benefit students and the university.
The ACBSP Model of Excellence
ACBSP is a leading specialized accreditation body for business education. It provides a set of standards and criteria to assist ACBSP undergraduate degree member institutions in achieving excellence in business program education. Through a process of self-study, on-site visits, and assessment, business units can demonstrate their commitment to serving students, other institutions, and industry.
ACBSP is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and was the first to offer business accreditation at all degree levels. ACBSP currently accredits business programs in 63 countries. ASBSP sets standards of excellence that are based on student participation and achievement, innovative curriculum development, research-based teaching methods, and the Baldrige Education Criteria for Performance Excellence.
Why should accreditation matter to you?
- Quality and program reputation matters. You'll find credentialed faculty, a rigorous education experience, and continuous improvement keeping our curriculum relevant and up-to-date.
- Employers and graduate programs care. You'll be able to add your world-renowned University of Minnesota degree with the ACBSP accreditation to your resume.
- When a program achieves accreditation, it means they have the highest quality faculty, the program is delivering relevant and challenging curriculum, and the program has education and career opportunities not found at other schools.
UMN Crookston ACBSP Accredited Academic Programs
- Accounting - On-campus and Online
- Finance - On-campus and Online
- International Business - On-campus and Online
- Management - On-campus and Online
- Manufacturing Management - On-campus and Online
- Marketing - On-campus and Online
- Quality Management - On-campus and Online
- Sport and Recreation Management- On-campus and Online