Alumni Career Services
Are you a recent graduate now pursuing advanced studies or beginning your career? The career development office is a useful resources for you, and our office staff are a phone call or an e-mail away to answer your questions.
Are you an alum who is well-established in you field? If so, we invite you to become familiar with our services and to volunteer your expertise by helping to advise UMC students engaged in career exploration. We hope you’ll consider carrying on a tradition of excellence by hiring other UMC graduates.
You Can Make a Big Maroon and Gold Difference!
Many alumni have indicated they’d like to help students with their job search and
Career decisions. Here are some ideas:
- Share career advice and encouragement with a student and a Career Development mentor.
- Hire a UMC Graduate
- Spend an afternoon on UMC’s campus as a volunteer for a program panelist.
- Host a student in your workplace through one of our job-shadowing programs.
- Support a student as an Intern in your company for our Intern Experiential Learning Program
Connecting Students with Alumni
UMC friends (including family members) host students in the workplace during semester breaks and other times to give an insider's view of a career field.
The Career Development Alumni Mentor Network is an online resource that enables students to obtain career advice from alumni and other professionals working in diverse fields. Students are also encouraged to conduct information interviews in person during semester breaks. Let us know if you are interested in participating.
Alumni participate in career panels, career days, on-campus recruiting, employer career fields, and information sessions to help students establish contacts and learn about specific career fields.
More Resources for Alumni
- UMNAlumni Webinar YouTube Channel - career and personal enrichment videos from UMNAlumni
- Gold Mind - Discovering and presenting University Talks; a unique collection of University faculty and expert talks available to alumni 24/7. Check back often for new talks to help you at any stage of life. Brought to you by the University of Minnesota Alumni Association.
- Reactivate x500 Account - Online access for former students and alumni