The leadership team at the University of Minnesota Crookston is committed to sustaining and constantly improving the campus and its programs as well as supporting the University of Minnesota system goal to become a top public research institution. The Crookston campus has a responsibility to help the University achieve that aspiration and to provide its unique contribution through applied, career-oriented learning programs that combine theory, practice and experimentation in a technologically rich environment. The U of M Crookston connects its teaching, research and outreach to serve the public good.
Key initiatives that are essential to infrastructure include identifying resources for the planning and construction of new research and laboratory space, upgrading the campus electrical system (phase I is complete), and addressing the aging natural gas infrastructure on campus. In the longer term, an initial assessment of campus needs has pointed to the potential consideration of a new classroom/lab building.
Key initiatives to keep abreast of comparative peer groups include significant initiatives related to recruitment and retention. An updated aspirational peer group has being identified. Cross functional teams are working across the campus community to advance these initiatives. See also: Institutional Effectiveness.
Key initiatives on the critical path to achieving strategic directions of the University have been identified in the report from the Crookston campus Strategic Positioning Task Force. Several of the initiatives involve cross functional teams. See also: Strategic Planning.
Miscellaneous Resources and Reference Points
- Response to Budget Optimization Suggestions – Spring 2018
- U of M Crookston Compact Planning Document for FY 2017
- U of M Crookston Compact Planning Document for FY 2016
- U of M Crookston Compact Planning Document for FY 2015
- U of M Crookston Compact Planning Document for FY 2014
- U of M Crookston Compact Planning Document for FY 2013
- Strategic Planning
- Strategic Positioning Planning & Reports Archive
- Campus Master Plan 2010
- U of M System Economic Impact Report - February 19, 2018 (interactive website)
- U of M System Economic Impact Report - March 2018
(refer to page 12 for specific economic impact information of the Crookston campus)
- UMC Economic Impact Report - July 15, 2010
Other Campus Initiatives
Smoke/Tobacco-Free Campus Policy Effective Jan. 1, 2009