Admission and Registration
Admission to CIHS
Students wishing to enroll in the College in the High School program must obtain permission for admission and registration from their high school.
Students must have achieved junior status in their high school and have a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.00 in order to register for classes and earn UMC course credit in the CIHS Program.
College in the High School students must maintain a minimum UMC G.P.A of 2.0 each term to continue enrollment at UMC.
|REGISTRATION: 2018 - 2019 SCHOOL YEAR||2018 FALL||2019 SPRING||YEARLONG|
REGISTRATION - START & END DATE
All CIHS student registration must be submitted by this date
|April 4 - April 25, 2018||Nov 5 - 26, 2018||April 4 - 25, 2018|
LAST DAY TO ADD WITHOUT PETITION
To add students or new students to the course, go to this link: CIHS Registration Page
|Sept. 21, 2018||Jan. 28, 2019||October 19, 2018|
Online Registration Steps
- Choose a person: Instructor, Counselor, Administrator or Administrative Assistant (students may self-register but need an on-site employee to assist) to register each participating CIHS registrant.
- Go to CIHS Registration Page
- Each student must submit information for admission and registration into each course.
- Students must have a cumulative G.P.A of 3.0 and higher and be either a junior or senior in status to be an eligible CIHS participant.
- Schools are not required to submit a student's official transcripts but they are required to be the governing body, a confirmation if you will, to ensure that each CIHS participant meets the necessary eligibility qualifications.
- UMC reserves the right to request a high school's CIHS participant's transcripts for auditing purposes.
- College in the High School students must maintain a minimum UMC G.P.A of 2.0 each term to continue enrollment at UMC.
- Follow the "register" link in the upper left hand menu. Type in student's individual personal information. Once the personal data has been entered click the add button. Scroll down to the box that says "My Courses" and click on 'Add' a course. Select the class you would like to register for, from the drop down menu, and click 'Add'.
- Class list appears.
- To re-check that a student has been registered for a class you may go to the "CIHS login" from the upper left-hand menu and login. After logging in you may view what classes a student has registered for.
- Once a student is a registered CIHS student they are able to login as a registered user to add classes as needed.
Dropping a Course
|DROPS: 2018 - 2019 SCHOOL YEAR||
LAST DAY TO DROP WITHOUT "W" GRADE
|Sept. 21, 2018||Jan, 28, 2019||Oct. 19, 2018|
LAST DAY TO DROP WITHOUT PETITION (WITH "W" GRADE)
|Oct. 19, 2018||March 8, 2019||Jan. 18, 2019|
College in the High School 2018-2019 late add/withdraw/drop fee.
Any UMC College in the High School student wishing to add/drop/withdraw from a University of Minnesota Crookston CIHS class after the deadline to drop must submit a Petition Form to the University of Minnesota Crookston CIHS Liberal Arts and Education Department. This petition form will be reviewed by the Office of the Registrar for appropriate processing. A $50.00 processing fee will be charged per student, per school for each course that is dropped. This petition does not guarantee admission or registration.