Online Student Evaluation of Teaching
- Students will need their Internet ID's and password to submit evaluations. If you have forgotten your password, please contact 1-HELP in the Twin Cities at 612-301-4357 to reset it.
- If you do not know your student or internet ID please contact your instructor.
Note to Instructors: Student Internet ID's are located on your class lists in the -e-mail column before "@umn.edu".
- Each student will only be able to submit one evaluation for the faculty member teaching each individual class. Do not use the “Enter” key during the evaluation. Click the “Submit Evaluation” button when the evaluation has been completed.
Note to Instructors: An individual student’s responses are not identifiable. The CMyU website is used to validate course registration only. The overall results of the evaluation are shared with the faculty member after submission of final grades for the semester.
Ready to take the evaluation?
- Open your web browser (Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox)
* The online evaluation works best with IE version 5 or higher
- Go to the CMyU web portal at the following URL to enter the online evaluation site
- Please enter your UMC Network username and password to access the online forms. (The student username will not be submitted with the evaluation form, this is only used to enter the website.)
- Click the “Log In” button.
- If the username and password are valid, you will see your name and a “Start” button in the upper left corner of your screen and a window labeled “Evaluation of Teaching”. If you do not see the “Evaluation of Teaching” window, click the “Start” button, select “Student”, then select “Evaluation of Teaching” from the menu. You will see a table stating the name of your instructor(s) and the course number(s) and section(s), and a column entitled “Evaluation Form”.
- To open an evaluation form for a particular course, click on the link “Evaluation Form”. If the evaluation form is not available for a course, this column will show the word “Unavailable”. Once you have entered an evaluation for a course, this column will no longer be linked.
- Next you will see the actual evaluation with the course and instructor information at the top. Please respond to the questions, and enter any comments into the comment field. Once you have completed the evaluation to your satisfaction, click the “Submit Evaluation” button.
- You should receive a confirmation stating your entry was successfully submitted.
- Close your web browser