Become a Peer Health Educator!
Are you passionate about health and wellbeing?
Do you want to promote healthy behaviors to your fellow UMN Crookston students?
Join our Eagles4Eagles Team!
Counseling Services is hiring four Peer Health Educator positions for FY2021-2022. Application review begins Monday April 19. Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled.
Peer Health Educators are undergraduate students who are broadly trained to deliver health and well-being education, outreach, and intervention with their fellow students. Peer Health Educators (PHEs) are trained in areas of multidimentional wellness and peer-to-peer leadership to creatively and non-judgmentally deliver well-being messaging to their peers.
Peer Health Educators cover a broad spectrum of multidimentional health and well-being areas including:
- Physical Health (such as nutrition, movement, and sleep)
- Mental and emotional wellbeing
- Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drug (ATOD) Prevention
- Sexual Health
- Bystander Intervention
Peer Health Educators facilitate interactive and engaging outreach opportunities designed to promote healthy lifestyles that foster a safe and inclusive campus environment.
- Develop, market, and implement outreach events and activities aimed at achieving measurable objectives.
- Engage and educate students while leading by example.
- Respect the confidentiality of student disclosures.
- Interest and enthusiasm for promoting healthy behaviors among your peers.
- Engaging, positive attitude.
- Open-minded and non-judgmental.
- Willing to lead and learn.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Must be enrolled in 6 or more credits at UMN Crookston.
- Sophomore status or above by Fall 2021.
- Must be in good academic and disciplinary standing.
- Preference is given to students with a 2.5 GPA, but students above a 2.0 are encouraged to apply.
These four paid positions start at $11.50/hr for approximately 10 hours per week. Positions are available to with work study and non-work study funding. Peer Health Educator positions report to the Counseling Services Director. Peer Health Educators build their resumes with the following trainings:
- NASPA Certified Peer Educator.
- QPR training for suicide prevention.
- Leadership and communication skills trainings.