Talkspace: Talkspace is an online therapy service that matches clients with licensed therapists for one-on-one counseling services. Instructions on how to get started are listed below:
- Get an assessment: Chat with matching therapist to identify your therapy needs
- Choose the right plan: Choose a payment plan that suits your budget. Plan starts at $32/wk.
- Find your match: Talkspace will help you find the best therapist for you. Begin therapy: Start messaging your primary therapist anytime, anywhere.
- Your own therapist: Once you are matched, you'll be working with the same licensed therapist every time.
- When you want: You can set aside time every day, or write when the mood strikes you. Your room is always open.
- Regular responses: Therapists respond 1-2 times per day. If you need more, simply schedule a video chat.
- Customer support: Support is available to help answer non-clinical questions about how Talkspace works.
Betterhelp Telecounseling Services: Betterhelp provides convenient, affordable, private online counseling services anytime anywhere with a licensed counselor.
- Fill out a questionnaire to help assess your needs and get matched to a Betterhelp counselor.
- Message your counselor whenever and wherever through the website or mobile app.
- Not happy with your counselor? Request a new counselor at any time.
NAMI Minnesota (National Alliance on Mental Illness) is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of children and adults with mental illnesses and their families. NAMI Minnesota offers education, support, and advocacy. NAMI Minnesota has started web-based support groups for people living with mental illness. These groups can be accessed at www.supportgroupscentral.com/nami-mn. On the landing page click JOIN button and fill out the necessary information. Once you have created an online account, you can register for support groups by logging into your account and clicking on the “Meeting Calendar” tab. Find a support group you would like to attend and click on the REGISTER button. Participants will need a device like a computer with a microphone and optional webcam, a tablet, or a smartphone.
*Young Adult WebConnect for ages 18-30 (2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month 7:00pm-8:30pm)
*WebConnect Support Groups for adults (Wednesdays 8:30-10:00pm)