If you have previous college credit, send us copies of your transcripts for an unofficial pre-evaluation by one of our academic advisors, please allow 5-7 business days for this pre evaluation. We can let you know what previous course work could transfer into our programs before you even apply! UMC accepts all transfer credits that come from a regionally accredited college or University; note all typical admission requirements apply see "admission requirements" below.
Students outside of the U.S. who are requesting a pre evaluation will need to have college transcripts in the original language and in English translation. A course-by-course evaluation of non-U.S. university credentials is required for students wishing to transfer in courses taken outside of the U.S.
UMC accepts credit evaluations conducted by any institution that is a member of NACES. There are additional costs associated with this service, payable directly to the company conducting the credit evaluation. The company will convert educational credentials from any country in the world to the U.S. equivalents.
Pre evaluations of transcripts are complimentary. Please allow 5-7 business days for processing. We welcome your interest and encourage you to contact the Office of Admissions for further information, for those inquiring students wishing to apply for admission.
Send us your transcripts (official or unofficial*)
Suite A Owen Hall
2900 University Ave
Crookston, MN 56716
*please know that unofficial copies can be used for a pre-evaluation, however official copies will need to be submitted if you choose to officially apply.
Transfer of Credits
If you have previous college credit, send us copies of your transcripts for an unofficial pre-evaluation by one of our academic advisors. We can let you know what previous course work could transfer into our programs before you even apply! UMC will accept transfer coursework from regionally accredited community/junior colleges, technical colleges/institutes, proprietary technical colleges, business colleges, military schools, industry-based education programs, and similar post-secondary schools.
- Previous coursework will be reviewed on an individual basis to determine transfer credits.
- Students with a completed Associate degree will work with an academic adviser to determine additional courses required to complete a baccalaureate degree in a similar program.
- Transfer students must complete a minimum of 30 semester credits (including the last 20 credits) and all major field requirements of the desired program at UMC.
- Only courses with a grade of D or better earned will be considered to fulfill requirements in general education and academic major courses.
- All courses not used to fulfill general education or major field requirements will be considered electives.
- A transfer student's GPA will be calculated using only courses completed at UMC.
How and/or will my courses transfer?
Minnesota's public colleges and universities are working to make transferring easier. Plan ahead, ask questions, and use pathways created by transfer agreements. Refer to the Minnesota Transfer site for more information.
Further questions can be addressed by the Office of Admissions - email@example.com or 800-862-6466 ext 8569.