U Card eligibility and procedures for students enrolled in online courses only.
What is a U Card?
The U Card officially identifies you as a student and makes you eligible for student discounts when offered. An individual must have registered for UMC classes a minimum of 1-day (24 hours) prior to obtaining a U Card.
U Card Issuance
A student’s first U Card is complimentary. A $25 replacement fee will be charged for lost, stolen, or damaged U Cards.
Office of Admissions
Online students enrolled in online only classes may submit: (1) a current, standard sized, passport quality photo and (2) a copy of a valid driver's license, state ID or passport to Admissions.
Preferred method of submission is an actual 2" x 2" quality passport photo, electronic photos tend to not meet quality specifications.
2900 University Ave
208 Selvig Hall
Crookston, MN 56716
1-800-862-6466 ext. 8680
7 Steps to Successful Photos
- Frame subject with full face, front view, eyes open
- Make sure photo presents full head from top of hair to bottom of chin; height of head should measure 1 inch to 1-3/8 inches (25 mm to 35 mm)
- Center head within frame (see Figure 2 below)
- Make sure eye height is between 1-1/8 inches to 1-3/8 inches (28 mm and 35 mm) from bottom of photo
- Photograph subject against a plain white or off-white background
- Position subject and lighting so that there are no distracting shadows on the face or background
- Encourage subject to have a natural expression