Occupational wellness begins with understanding your strengths, skills, values and interests for your career and maintaining a balanced life between your work and your personal life in order to gain purpose, happiness and enrichment in your life. The choice of profession, job satisfaction, career ambition and job performance are all-important components to your path. Occupational wellness also includes understanding that financial wellness begins with knowing where your money comes from and where it's going, understanding your financial situation and preparing your for financial changes.
Tips for Optimal Occupational Wellness
- Explore a variety of career options
- Create your own vision for your future
- Choose a career that suits your personality, interests, and talents
- Visit a career planning/placement office and use the available resources
- Be open to change and learn new skills