Are you a transfer student?

A transfer student is an applicant who graduated from high school and has previously enrolled at another post-secondary institution.

Start your application

Transfer Application Materials:

  • Complete an Application for Admission (paper PDF File Icon or online)

  • Submit official college transcripts for all college credits attempted or earned*
    • If you have taken any Advanced Placement (AP) or College Level Examination Program (CLEP) credits, please request transcripts from College Board to be sent directly to the UMC Registrar Office.  If you have taken International Baccalaureate (IB) credits please request those transcripts from

*Transcripts are considered official if they arrive in a sealed and signed envelope from the credit granting institution. The transcript must bear the original signature of the registrar, seal of the institution, college certified, or printed on security paper. Transcripts must have been issued within the last year. Please have transcripts mailed to the Office of Admissions.

How will my credits transfer?

Request an unofficial evaluation of your credits to learn how your credits will transfer, what you will have left to take, and how long it will take you to graduate.

Email your transcripts and major of interest to

You can also use the an instant online tool for students and advisors for determining course equivalencies, program requirements and how your courses will transfer and apply to a degree program at the University of Minnesota Crookston. Visit

Get to know UMN Crookston

We're a small campus with a big U of M degree and an even bigger family!

Financial Aid  Residence Halls

Majors and Minors  Athletics

Experience UMN Crookston

Come see for yourself! We have so many options to experience what it's like to be a Golden Eagle!

transfer visit

virtual visits

major exploration days

Articulation Agreements

An articulation agreement is a formal arrangement to transfer a defined set of academic credits between an academic program of one institution, most often a two-year post-secondary institution, to a program within a college or campus of the University of Minnesota system to fulfill general education or program requirements.

Benefits of an articulation agreement:

  • Cost savings on tuition, fees, room and board
  • Reduce chances of retaking the same coursework
  • Move quickly from an Associate's degree to a Bachelor's degree at UMC

U of M Crookston Articulation Agreements

Wisconsin International University Ukraine transfer students, learn more about our collaborative partnership.

Online Options Available

Our students have the option to take classes on campus or online. Interested in pursuing an online degree?

Check it out

We have apartments on campus!

Even though you are transferring and may feel like meeting friends will be impossible, it's not! Living on campus is the perfect way to meet people and truly experience UMN Crookston to the fullest. We have two on campus apartments available for upper classmen. 

Check out the Apartments

Still have questions? Try our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) page.

I am a...



Questions? Text U of MN Crookston Admissions anytime at 218-276-5351       

The University of Minnesota Crookston campus is located in northwest Minnesota. This is a map of approximately where we are located. Click this icon to learn more about the UMN Crookston.

Flying in with the Golden Eagles Podcast - Listen and subscribe today!

The University of Minnesota Crookston App is available at the Google Play or Apple App Store. Click this logo to download.