This check list will help you get ready for the upcoming semester at UMC. Please read through the items listed below and notify the Center for Adult learning if you identify any concerns.
1. Questions on Financial Aid & Scholarships
If you have questions or concerns about financial aid, please contact UMC’s Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships them for more information.
2. Order your textbooks via the UMC Bookstore online or over the phone
Order your books online or over the phone: 1-800-862-6466, ext. 8335. You will need to know your student ID number and the classes you are registered for.
* Please note that you may charge your textbooks to your financial aid account, however you will need to notify the Bookstore upon purchase and know that you will need to obtain a student U-Card for future purchases.
3. Set up your student account
All UMC students have one Internet ID (username) and password to access both their course sites and their U of M e-mail account. Your Internet ID and password allows you to access your personal information within the U of M system and gives you access to your Moodle classroom. You use this information to update your address, check your grades, manage your financial information and view your transcripts.
New to UMC?
You will need to initiate your account.
If you are a returning student and have already initiated your account you may continue using your Internet ID and password that you previously created.
*If you do not remember your U of M Internet ID and password, you will need to contact University of Minnesota 1-HELP by dialing 612-301-4357 and selecting option "1".
Log into the MyU Portal
After you have your Internet ID and password, you may log into your courses via the MyU portal. Once logged in, you will see the MyU homepage, click on the "Academics > My Classes" tabs which will display all of your online courses.
4. Questions or Concerns about your Online Courses or Academic Program?
Contact your instructor and/or your academic advisor if you have any questions or concerns about your online courses or academic program. A complete list of UMC Faculty/Staff can be found by visiting UMC Faculty & Staff Directory.
5. Questions or Concerns about Billing and Payment Information?
6. Check your UMC E-mail Account
Make sure to continuously check your UMC e-mail throughout the semester, e-mail is the official means of communication while at UMC.
To unsubscribe to the unofficial email list, please follow these steps found in this tutorial.