Explore the Accounting Program
Earn your degree from an accredited Accounting program where you’ll manage, examine, and communicate the financial resources of an organization, all while paving the way to achieve your CPA or go straight into the field. With a bright mind and promising future, you’ll find a career in Financial Analysis, Public Accounting, Management Accounting, Banking, Taxation, or Finance, to name a few.
Accounting is a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree.
Title:Earn a University of Minnesota Degree
Title:Careers in Forensic Accounting and Auditing
Title:CPA Review Courses
Major in the making of you
Complete 4 CPA Review Courses
The Business Department at the University of Minnesota Crookston (UMC) has teamed up with Gleim CPA Review to offer Four CPA Review courses (12 credits) that can be taken online for college credit.
- ACCT 4511. CPA Review Course-- Regulation. (3 cr.) Prepares students for Regulation section of CPA exam. prereq: 4405
- ACCT 4512. CPA Review Course--Financial Reporting and Accounting. (3 cr.) Prepares students to sit for Financial Reporting/Accounting section of CPA exam. prereq: 4111
- ACCT 4513. CPA Review Course--Auditing and Attestation. (3 cr.) Prepares students to sit for Auditing/Attestation section of CPA exam. prereq: 4310
- ACCT 4514. CPA Review Course--Business Environment and Concepts. (3 cr.) Prepares students for Business Environment/ Concepts section of CPA exam. prereq: 3322
Earned Credits: Credits earned can be applied toward the 150-credit requirement to sit for the CPA exam.
Note: Many states now require 150 semester credits of education to take the CPA exam or be licensed. Please check with individual state boards of accountancy or Accounting faculty knowledgeable about this requirement.
- Forensic Accounting & Auditing
- Tax Accountants & Consultants
- Financial Accountants & Managers
- Internal Auditors for Corporations or Government Organizations
- Banking and Management
Want to become CPA, CIA, or CMA Certified?
Upon completion of the 120 credit hour program, a graduate may choose take certification examinations through our campus to become a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) (review courses available), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) at a 4-year university instead of being involved within a master’s program. The respective certificates will be issued with the attainment of a satisfactory score and the completion of the appropriate experience. For more information, visit the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) site for more information.
AT A GLANCE...
Earning your 120 credit hour degree will set you up to take certification exmainations in Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
Complete our 4 CPA Review courses.
Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) accredited. Learn more about what this accreditation means for you.
Are you ready?
Meet your future professors
Barry StephensTeaching Specialist
Ali SaeediAssociate Professor
Wm LeckieAssistant Professor